Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pixie Noir, By Cedar Sanderson

I've just read Trickster Noir, and will post that review, but I thought it best to first post my review about the first book in the series. This was posted on Amazon on November 7, 2014.
I'm a fan!



5.0 out of 5 stars
Rednecks really do love fairies; HONEST!
November 7, 2014

This review is from: Pixie Noir (Pixie for Hire Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Look: I'm a Southern redneck, motorcycle riding, truck driving gun owning U. S. Army veteran. I read Kratman and Ringo and Correia and (now) Torgerson, and this fantasy pixie pink unicorn stuff: I just pass it by.
Boy, have I ever been an idiot.
Whattya want? Ya want action? You got it. The heroine shoots a troll three times in the back with .44 mag hollow points while the hero shoots him in the eye with her rifle.
Ya want mystery? How about waking up to find your true love has rescued you....or has she?
Ya want sports? Ummm, I don't remember any sports...
But intrigue, conflict, self-sacrifice, honor, courage, and yes, one dare say it, TRUE LOVE: Cedar got the job done.
Now, this does complicate my life. Because just as David Drake and Jerry Pournelle introduced me to to the concept of military sci-fi, Cedar has given me pixies with big honken guns. It appears I'm going to have to look at more places to pick books from, and I'll probably have to buy a peta-byte storage device to house my collection.
Mad geniuses rule the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment