Friday, March 13, 2015

Mall Santa, by Pam Uphoff

With the review of Cedar's "Dragon Noir," I am facing an empty book review queue. So, last night, I figured I'd toss out something short and sweet, with this little item.
It was SO sweet, that I read it to my gift-from-God, happily-ever-after trophy wife Vanessa, the elegant foxy praying black grandmother of Woodstock, GA. She loved it, even though she is not a science fiction person.
When I finished the story, she said, "Was that Jesus?"
"No, it was Eldon."
She thought for a minute, then said "That ought to be a Hallmark movie."
I agreed.
Make it so, please!




5.0 out of 5 stars
Alien Santa Christmas Magic
March 12, 2015
Pat Patterson (Woodstock, Georgia, USA)
This review is from: Mall Santa (Kindle Edition)
It doesn't have to be Christmas to enjoy a good Christmas story. This is exactly the kind of story that kept me reading past bedtime, and as such, it has a special place in my storage banks. Back then, technology WAS magic. This sweet little story may become a Christmas tradition.
Eldon the alien (you don't need backstory to appreciate this little tale) gets dumped into a shopping mall at Christmas time. Almost out of money, because it's not his timeline, he takes a job as a Mall Santa, and from his bag brings magic healing wine and magic healing puppies. When he encounters adversity, he stuffs in in a zip-lock time freezer bag. But even the adversaries get let out at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment